Southern Wedding Traditions
By Something Perfect Weddings | Jul 28 2016
Southern wedding traditions may have a long history for Southern brides but that doesn’t mean they aren’t great for everyone today. These are some of the top ones that can really help to personalize your wedding day:
- Bridal Portraits: These are incredible for everyone! Such a good time to try out your dress, hair/makeup look and bridal bouquet. Plus it’s just fun!
- Bridesmaid Luncheon: A good way to thank your ‘maids and your female family members for everything they did during your engagement. The luncheon is typically hosted the Friday before your wedding.
- Maid and Matron of Honor: Southern wedding parties are big and it’s amazing! By having a maid and matron (or even two maids) of honor, you get a chance to honor two important ladies to you instead of just one.
- Best Man / Father of the Groom: Many grooms choose their father as their best man in the South. While it’s certainly not required, it can be a great pick if groom and dad are super close.
- Groom’s Cake: These fun cakes showcase the groom a bit on wedding day. Make it something that he loves: favorite football team, favorite food, favorite pastime. The list goes on and on so have some fun with it!
**Photo and cake from Nona's Sweets Bakery Cafe