When you dream of your wedding, you most likely go straight to thinking about the reception space. But the space where you say “I Do” is equally as important! A growing trend for Asheville weddings is to have both ceremony and reception inside one location. However, many Asheville brides and grooms are still opting to stay traditional with ceremonies in a traditional place of worship (like a church or synagogue). So which one is right for you?
Start by asking yourself a few questions …
- Do you have a lot of guests traveling from out of town?
- Do your guests have access to transportation? If not, will you be providing transportation?
- Are you religious or are your families?
- Do you envision walking down a long aisle or are you open to something more unusual?
- Are ceremony photos really important to you?
- Do you envision traditional music or something more contemporary?
- Do you envision a traditional processional or something more contemporary?
- Do you have someone who can handle set up at two different venues at the same time?
- Will you need to flip the reception space to use it for the ceremony? If so, do you have help to handle the flip?
These answers will help you decide which location is best for you. In the meantime, take a look at the below for some other pros and cons to help with the decision.
Still looking for your perfect Asheville wedding venue (for ceremony and/or reception)? Click here to find options based on what you are looking for! And if you think you need a planner or photographer, we've got you covered for those too!
Photo courtsey of Stephanie Axtell Photography