Keep up with the trend and incorporate color into wedding day the right way
Blues and pinks and purples and corals and everything in between! Good news color lovers – color is back! Sure, blush and grey and neutrals will always be a safe and beautiful choice for a wedding, but lately color is making a statement and we aren’t upset about it.
With ultra violet being Pantone’s color of the year for 2018, it only made sense that color would make an appearance in this year’s wedding trends. Bright and bold wedding palettes made a statement this year, so we are here to tell you how to make the most of the trend.
First, Select The Colors
- Choose a palette that compliments season, style, venue and preference
- Don’t go overboard with too many color choices, pick a select few that work well together
- Alternatively, pick a color family and use different shades
Then, Incorporate Into Decor
- Flowers are the prettiest way to incorporate color and since they are used throughout the day, it will ensure the color look is cohesive
- Use table linens, runners and/or napkins in your color choice
- On the tables, anything from a charger to stemware to candles and votive holders can be colored
- Anywhere you plan to use signage and all your paper like escort cards or a seating chart, menu cards, table numbers, programs – the options are endless!
Don’t Forget the Attire!
- Brighten up your bridal look with shoes and earrings with some color
- Add some colorful florals to your hair style
- For the gentlemen, select a tie or bowtie in the wedding color and pair it with a pocket square and socks in matching colors
Lastly, Don’t Make These Mistakes
- Be aware of color overload, don’t do everything in color, pick and choose the décor elements to use color in
- Avoid bright bridesmaid dresses, your bridesmaids will thank you
- Careful mixing patterns and bright colors, you don’t want to try and do too much
- Multi-colored uplighting can sometimes give off a non-wedding feeling