Most people can relate to that awkward moment when the maid of honor wouldn't stop talking during her toast or the best man made an uncomfortable joke. It's not fun for the couple or the friends and family awkwardly sitting at their tables. So that's why sharing the do's and don'ts of wedding toast prior to your Charlotte wedding day is so important :)
- Do introduce yourself and explain how you know the couple.
- Do keep the toast to 2-3 minutes maximum to keep guests engaged
- Don't use inside jokes unless you like it when only two people laugh at your joke
- Do mention how much you love both the bride and groom
- Don't use inappropriate language that isn't suitable for the entire crowd (don't forget grandma is listening!)
- Do share 1-2 wonderful memories of the couple
- Don't talk about ex's
- Do thank the hosts. It's always nice to call out whoever hosted the rehearsal dinner as well.
- Do remember to make a toast ("Let's raise a glass to the couple") at the end.
Remember, practice makes perfect!