Why We Love Them
- Susie’s first crush, her mom’s Polaroid camera, inspired her love for photography to this day (she truly loves her craft!)
- After more than 10 years doing photography professionally, Susuie is still inspired by real people, new places and capturing moments of beauty
- Susie’s trained eye loves playing with light to create timeless images
What To Know
- Offers family and boudoir in addition to wedding sessions
- Candid / photojournalistic approach
- Destination photographer
When I was 7, I fell in love. I don’t know if it was the shiny black case, the bright red button, or the magic of the square photos that developed right before my eyes, but my mom’s Polaroid camera was basically my first crush – and I’ve been inspired by photography ever since. My love for this craft led me to graduate cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in photography from Kent State University. After graduating and moving with my husband to San Diego, I discovered a few other things that inspired me, too: real people, new places, and capturing moments of beauty whenever I could. It was there that I started my business photographing weddings, and after more than 10 years, I’m still doing the things that inspire me most.
Today, I live in Carolina Beach, North Carolina, with my husband and my other sources of inspiration – my two children. I offer not only wedding photography, but portrait photography, family photography, and boudoir photography, too. I specialize in a candid and photojournalistic approach and in taking photos that help you relive a beautiful moment again and again. If you are looking for a photographer with years of experience, someone who truly knows her craft, and someone with a trained eye who loves playing with light to create unique and timeless images, please get in touch. I'd love to make some beautiful photos with you.